Sunday, March 23, 2014

Signs of Spring - TULIPS!!!!

I love tulips! I think they are so pretty and simple and just friendly. Sadly my grocery store doesn't always have them in stock, but now that spring is here that means tulips will be around. 

Of course part of the reason that I bought the tulips, was so that I could take pictures of them!! 





The pictures above were taken the night I bought them. I actually love how they are drooping over the sides of my white pitcher vase. The vase has been in the witness protection program since I bought it. I am SO glad to have it out and putting it to use. 

The picture below is from this morning after they were sitting in water over night. They perked right up! Granted tulips are pretty regardless, but I think they are so sweet and calming when they are droopy. 


I need to get out to the farmer's market on a Saturday morning and hunt for some fresh flowers.  On my list are peonies, sunflowers and more tulips. I have a few mason jars that I like using as vases too! Something so simple, pure and charming about mason jars. They are so versatile and clean! 

If I had my way I would have fresh flowers all over the house. 

Do you like fresh flowers?? What are your favorites??

No comments:

Post a Comment