Saturday, November 2, 2013

WAY outside the comfort zone!

There is a quote floating around the internet stating that life begins at the end of your comfort zone. If that is the case, then my life is truly beginning right now. I have left my comfort zone and have made a decision to do something that I myself even question at times.

I have decided to venture into the world of direct sales. I am not going to revel the company that I am working for at this time, but I will say that it is a jewelry company. I have been attending parties here and there over almost a year with the same consultant. She took the time to talk with me about the business at one point several months ago. At that time I wasn't ready. And right now I am not sure that I am ready either. Regardless I have made the decision that I am going to at least try.

Most of my fears stem from the fact that I am not a sales person. I would much rather just be the go between. The person that facilitates orders for people who want to buy the pretty things. I don't really relish the idea of getting up and talking in front of people that I don't know, let alone people that I DO know.

I am trying to be cautiously optimistic. Firefighter isn't too warm to the idea yet. While that may sound completely mean or unsupportive, it isn't. He is just surprised as this is something that I have never really excelled at or mentioned to him. I do not have a killer instinct. I will not go for the jugular and try and sell you anything. If you want it great if not, then that's ok too. He sees me being a photographer, not a jewelry sales person. And while my mom is more supportive vocally, I think there is a part of her that is still skeptical. And I am fine with that. I am fine with the skepticism. It just means I have to prove them wrong. and I seriously hope to.

Right now though, there is a part of me that fears I am not going to be successful. I know that is fear. I know that it's to be expected. I am trying hard to beat the negative thoughts out, but it isn't always so easy, because it is easier to believe the negative thoughts then it is to believe the positive ones.

I am going to give it a try. That is all that I can do. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. But at least I would have tried.

What was the last thing that made you go outside of your comfort zone?? 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new endeavor!! You WILL BE great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I'm not a salesperson. But also like you said, you don't know until you try. If there is anything in you that wants to try it certainly can't hurt to go for it.

    ReplyDelete