Friday, November 1, 2013

I want money...lots and lots of money!!

NaBloPoMo Prompts

Ok... let's see how this goes. It's been a while since I have blogged on a regular basis and perhaps this will help me to get over this massive hump of writer's block that I have had for months. Every day there will be prompts and a link up! So let's rip off the band aid....

Prompt # 1:
If you found one million dollars in the morning, and HAD to spend it by nightfall what would you do with the money?

Well the obvious first answer for most people would be to pay off debt, so that is a given. That would take care of my student loan, our vehicles and a Best Buy card and a few other small debts that we are carrying.  After that my first purchase would be a house. A bungalow/craftsman house on a decent sized lot with a white kitchen with stainless steel appliances. It would be over 2,000 square feet with 4 bedrooms and 3 bath rooms, and a basement (despite the fact that I live in Florida). There would be a beautiful deck outback with one of those built in grills and a gazebo. I would want to be surrounded by as much nature as possible. And I would take myself on a little shopping spree to Pottery Barn!! 

I currently love our Santa Fe, but I know that Firefighter would want to upgrade to a Hyundai Equus and a truck. I, however, refuse to give up the Santa Fe. I can't argue with the idea of having a luxury car, but I don't see a need for it. But when you are talking in unrealistic "what if" scenarios anything is possible. 

Next I would pay off my mom's mortgage. I would also get her a brand new car of her choice. I would then buy her a plane ticket and send her up north to spend time with her sisters and brothers. Hell while we are at it, I would buy her a place up there. I would see if my family members needed anything too! 

Some of the smaller things I would by are a brand new full frame Canon 5D Mark III or 6D. And I would get some fancy lenses and a nice camera bag to store it all in. Then I would take that new camera on a trip to ITALY!!!!

All this is well and good since we are thinking of an unrealistic possibility. In reality if I were to get that much money given to me, I would take care of a few things and invest the rest. That is the practical thing to do and in this world right now, there is no way to know if Social Security is going to be around when I am old enough to need it.

So there you have it. That is how I would spend my million. How would you spend yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment