Friday, March 29, 2013

The Artist's Way

I have been struggling with my blogging as of late and at the suggestion of a friend I purchase The Artist's Way to help me to hopefully get back to blogging, or rather, start blogging, and writing, more religiously. I started it last week and to be honest I haven't kept up with it like I should. The main activity asked by the author is to participate in Morning Pages. 

Morning Pages are to be done first thing in the morning. I mean like you roll over grab your pen and paper and start writing. And frankly sometimes I can't even function or think until I am out of bed. They are three pages of free thinking, no formatted writing. I can definitely say that I haven't had a problem with that. My entries have been all over the place from relationship stuff to work stuff to home stuff. That is the beauty of it, there is no right or wrong way to do the Morning Pages. And the author suggests not writing the Morning pages on a computer. I would have to agree with that as well. There is something about actually writing it out with a pen onto paper that feels more cathartic and more effective then "writing" it on a blog somewhere. 

Although I fear that I haven't been doing it right. The author asks you to identify your creative enemies and frankly I don't have any that I can think of. I don't think that I have encountered anyone in my life that has halted me. If anything I have been surrounded by supportive and constructive people. I am my worst enemy and therefore I fear that I am on the only person standing in my way. 

I hope to get back on track next week. Hopefully this will help open the flood gates and help me be more creative. Fingers crossed!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment