Sunday, February 10, 2013

My First Wedding!

.... not MY wedding and when I do get married, I plan on that being my ONLY wedding.

Saturday, February 2nd I helped a friend photograph a wedding for the first time. It was exciting and I was a little nervous at times, since I feel like I do not understand photography enough to take on the responsibility of a wedding, but I think it went well. 

It was definitely an interesting experience to be at a wedding where I didn't know anyone and where I was allowed to, or rather where I was more at ease taking pictures of everything and not feeling like I was being judged. It's a privilege to be apart of someone's special day like that and to be a total stranger. I understand how photographers and brides become close. You spend time together, talk and develop a connection. And as the photographer you are capturing special moments from one of the happiest days of the couples lives, so your role is important. These are moments they aren't going to be able to recreate so you need to try and grab them while you can.


The couple will have their pictures tomorrow. I am anxious to see how they like the pictures. I would do another wedding as a favor, I don't know that I would consider taking this up as a profession. 

If you want to check out the pictures that my friend Amy and I took I have a photobucket album set up. 

1 comment: