Monday, January 21, 2013

My First Major Run/Walk


Saturday my family and I participated in a run/walk sponsored by the YMCA. It was a 4 mile course that you could either walk or run. And naturally I chose to walk. I am by no means a runner, but I am preparing myself to do the Wine and Dine marathon at Epcot in November. My family and I are doing another 5k walk/run in March. I am excited and I am enjoying this so far. 

I wanted to run for part of the course, but I woke up light headed due to my sinuses bothering me and that coupled with the cool air and the wind made it impossible to run. Which was disappointing. I was looking forward to challenging myself a bit. I did "jog" a bit and afterwards my chest felt a little tight, but I figured that was from the cold weather that I am not used to. 

Now I just need to get myself back to the gym. I mean I am paying for it, I should use it right?? I want to be able to run at the next event. It's a goal of mine to become more active without having to go to the gym. I would also like to get a bike, but I am going to have to save money for that one.

Any tips for a new runner??? Please feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. You can certainly become fit without a gym. You might have to be more creative and determined but it's possible. A marathon called Wine & Dine might be the only one I'd ever even think about participating in...and I'd be a walker for sure. I too am not a runner; the knees are just too bad. Good luck getting fit and prepped for yours.

    ReplyDelete