Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's Official....

I GRADUATED!!!!!!! 

Wahoo!! Yippee!! GO ME!!!


I can't believe that it is all over now. Talking about it for months and the waiting and now it's over, just like that. No different than any other life events, it's all over in the blink of an eye and now we continue on with the job of living.  


I have to say though that this was something that I didn't really think was going to be that big of a deal. I mean it's an AA not a Bachelor's or a Master's and part of me felt a bit silly for making it seem like a big deal. I have forever been dwelling on the fact that it took me as long as it did when this is an achievement that can be done in 2 years by most other people. But that is my hang up. Last night when the graduates where gathering is when it sunk in a bit more, the weight of what I had accomplished  Because honestly I didn't really feel like it was that big of an accomplishment. Once I saw the other graduates, it hit home a bit more.There were people there of all ages and that was a comfort to me as well. It just reaffirmed that getting an education has no deadline. You can do it at any age.  


(one of my brothers and I)

(mom and I)

Another thing that was difficult for me was knowing that my dad wasn't there. When I got onto the stage and found my family it made me tear up a bit because I knew there was someone missing. It was hard to not burst into tears. I know he was there, but still... not the same. 
  
(my sister and I - btw our birthday was Thursday)

(Firefighter and I)

After the ceremony we went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. In the car on the way over, I confessed to Firefighter that it was weird being on the stage and to be the one graduating this time. I have been to 3 of his graduation ceremonies and this is the first one he has been to for me. It was a nice change. 

Now of course the question of the hour is, "What are you going to do now?" And my answer for that is, I do not know!! I am not going to stress right now about it, it's the holidays. I will do research and see what I find that strikes my fancy and go from there. For now though, it's time to bask in the glow of my achievement. And on Sunday.... we PARTY!!!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!
    It took the husband 7years to finish his Bachelor's, because he went part time after we got married. When he did? I think he may have cried. It was so huge for him. So congratulations on your accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete