Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chalk Festival

What is a chalk festival you might ask? Well it is an annual festival that comes to my city that allows artists, professional and amateur a like, to partake in a week long street art event. With nothing but an inspirations picture, chalk and the road as their canvas these talented people bring pictures to life, in the most unique way. 



This was my first year going to the festival. It's always sad to me when I miss things like this in our artsy town. I really do take it for granted  So to make up for lost time, I went 2 times this weekend! That's right... TWICE!!! 

When you see what follows its hard to believe that the above pictures are where it starts and are all that is used for these works of art. 
Enjoy!! 


(This is a 3D piece)

(This is my fave) 




I hope you enjoyed. These are just a few of the pictures I took between yesterday and today. I am hoping to get back tomorrow to see the finished products. 

What fun things did you do this weekend??








No comments:

Post a Comment