Sunday, October 7, 2012

SCFD Open House

Yesterday was our county's open house at one of our main stations in honor of this week being Fire Prevention Week. This was the first time that I was not a spectator, but a participant of sorts. I had a blast. And I think I got some great shots of the guys doing their thing! 

(prep for propane demo)

(propane demo)

(demo of the importance of a sprinkler system)

They did a demonstration of a vehicle extrication  as well. It was a full scenario - removing the victim from the vehicle and transporting her to Bayflite waiting to take her to a trauma center. 





It was a lot of fun! I enjoyed being on the "front lines" as it were. I feel like it was an initiation of some sort. I got to enjoy breakfast with the volunteers and then spend the day watching them and documenting their activities. I got to be where civilians were not allowed to go and I got to watch my guy in action. It was a good day.


Next weekend we have a triathlon. Hope it will be better than the first one I went to! 

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job and these pictures are awesome. I hope they appreciate how much you are doing in helping to get the word out on how important fire-fighters are.
    Good job kiddo!!

    ReplyDelete