Monday, October 29, 2012

No Comprende??

Part of my job is to make sure that the patient's insurance is active and to know if their insurance requires a referral. We have a person in the office that is responsible for verifying the insurance a few days prior to the patient's appointment and requesting the referrals or authorizations as needed. I have been there since May and we have had 3 people in the Authorization/Verification position. Needless to say it causes issues and has forced my co worker and I to do extra work and learn more about the insurances then we may have had to. 

I hate to criticize people because I know that we are all doing the very best that we can, but the new girl that we have in this position seems clueless....TOTALLY CLUELESS. It is making for so much extra work. I have to email her and ask her to verify the insurance and she does but doesn't put the information in the right place. I'll ask for a verification and she'll tell me that she requested a referral. She verifies patients insurance that have been there in the last week, when it only needs to be done every 90 days. And the list goes on.... 

I hate to be negative, but honestly I have not really cared for her since she was hired. There was just something about her that didn't sit well with me. For one thing she couldn't remember the name of the person who was interviewing her when she came in... BOTH TIMES!!! And I am not saying all of these bad things because I feel that way, because I am not the only one who feels this way or is as frustrated as I am. 

I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I am reaching a boiling point. She has been at the office a little less than a month and I feel like by now there are some things she should have a better grasp on. I have spoken to my supervisor a few times about her and she has spoken to the lady's supervisor and I believe that she has been spoken to as well, but still nothing is sinking in. And I believe that the person who had the position before her, who took another position in the office, has spoken to her about some things as well. As well as my coworker and myself. How many people need to tell her the same thing???? Today I sent her an email stating that I needed her to update the insurance section in  a patient's demographics screen and her response had NOTHING to do with the question. She stated that she had NO room for the insurance telephone number. OOO EMM GEE!!!!

In her defense she probably didn't get the amount of training time that she needed, BUT in the same breath if you have done this job at a different office you should be familiar with the lingo and know the difference between a referral and verification and an authorization. OY to the VEY!!! 

Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring. 

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! It does make things hard when co workers aren't up to snuff. Maybe she's just slow? And if she had no previous medical office experience maybe she's just having a hard time. Hopefully she picks up soon.

    ReplyDelete