Monday, October 8, 2012

I have a bridge to sell you....

No I don't really. But would you buy one from me if I tried to sell it to you? Probably not because I am not the greatest when it comes to the power of persuasion. 

My next speech assignment is for a persuasive speech. And to say that I am stumped would be putting it mildly. 

I am blocked... 
Mentally constipated if you will...

The words are NOT coming to me. 

This is doubly hard because I am not exactly passionate about any one cause or one thing in particular. I don't really have strong feelings on things. I am a fence sitter. I am a middle of the road wanderer. I don't pick sides. I remain objective. And while that is it's own issue all together, but having to try and write a speech on a topic that you happen to agree with and don't necessarily passionately agree with is a tough spot to be in. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

What upsets, or rather annoys, me more is the fact that I have only had 2 weeks to write this speech and we haven't even been given the lecture on HOW to write or present a persuasive speech. I think that is why I am stumped. Why I am clogged. 

I have done research and have a general idea of what I want it to be structured around. However  I am running into the same information over and over and that will not make for a good speech. 

I am just stuck... I need to turn off my brain and stop trying ... and give my brain a breather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment