Monday, September 17, 2012

Yes Sir Lieutenant!!!

I am looking forward to working with Firefighter again in my new position as the unofficially official photographer for the volunteer firefighters. I mean that is how we met after all, working together. I have to say that I didn't hate it and at times I do miss it. However, when we were working together, we were equals.

Now he would be considered my superior. Oy to the vey!  

(taken before promotion to Lieutenant - but he looked handsome)

It is going to take a lot of restraint for me to not speak to him the way I would as his girlfriend when we are on a job together. I am going to have to remember that he is the Lieutenant and that I need to set an example of how he should be spoken to by his squad. 

On Saturday I caught myself a few times talking to him as his girlfriend and I reigned it in really quick. I am not sure how I feel about it either. I mean, there are going to be times when he could be firm with me about something, and I have to learn not to take it personally. It's a working arrangement. 

Then this brings to mind, how I am to speak to the guys and how they are to speak to me. Is it free reign? This whole situation is new for me. I have never been involved in a group like this where there is such a strict and highly respected chain of command. Ya know? It's going to be a learning experience.


I am a little concerned that at times it may feel like it will affect the relationship, but I don't think it will too badly. I think Firefighter and I work well together when we are doing a project. It seems like I am more able to set things aside and focus on the task at hand. He never really fluctuates in his moods so he won't be an issue. It's going to be all me. I have to learn that his tone may not meant something I think it means, etc. 

Of course I could be completely over thinking this and it won't even be an issue, but you never know. 

Do you work with your significant other? Has it affected your relationship? If so for the good or for the bad?

1 comment:

  1. Thankfully Fire Wife Katie doesn't work with me. I'd never hear the end of it! ;)

    And it never hurts to throw in a couple more sirs. Sir, yes sir, Lieutenant sir!!!

    ReplyDelete