Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sleep.... What's that like again?

Oh sleep how I miss you! I can NOT remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. It's been a while. Lately my pattern seems to be to go to sleep at a decent hour and then wake up at 1 or 3 thinking it's 5am or something. Then I end up falling back to sleep and that makes it more difficult when I have to get up for work. 

I think it can be one of two things... 

1. I may need to have my thyroid meds adjusted. Oh yes the joy of having to take a hormone replacement. Sadly with my condition there is no way of ever actually getting my hormone levels regulated so it's not uncommon to have to have my levels checked over and over and OVER again! Thank god my insurance has kicked in! 

2. I have recently had to abstain from coffee... I KNOW! I miss it so much! But I have had acid reflux so intensely lately that I needed to cut it out for a while, until I am able to get the reflux episodes under control. 

I had been sleeping better previously since we got the TV out of my bedroom. And I have been falling asleep rather easily too as of late, which is a nice change of pace. I honestly do not miss having the TV in my room either which is surprising. 

I started going back to the gym this week. I was hoping that it would help me fall asleep. But ... that didn't work last night. I tossed and turned and didn't sleep well... and then I am yawning all day at work. UGH! Oh well... 

Here's to a good night sleep tonight hopefully! 


No comments:

Post a Comment