Monday, August 6, 2012

Everyday I See Him

It's hard to believe that it's almost been 2 years since my father passed away. It still doesn't feel real sometimes. But I know that it's true, my father is gone.....

But I see him everyday! 

I work in an orthopedic office. Patients come in with walkers, in wheel chairs, with canes or perhaps just a limp. All of these people represent a stage my father went through in the last 7 years before he passed away. They are all looking to get healed or repaired.

I watch the people as they come in our doors and see his face. I listen to them speak and I hear his voice and I wonder about what battles they are fighting and hope that their fate is not similar to my father's.  

The connection between my job and my father didn't really hit me until after I have been there about 2 months... my dad had knee problems, and I work for an orthopedics office... um HELLO?!?! Yea, I was oblivious to it. But now that I am keenly aware, I feel like I "feel" him more or that he is with me more. I feel connected again. The law office drained me so that I lost my connection to him and that scared me. 

I am grateful for this turn of fate. It makes me happy knowing I am a part of the process that gets people the treatment they need. I feel like I am helping my dad! 


Miss you bunches Papa Bear!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey JB,

    I read your post. Dad has been on my mind off and on for a while lately. Not sure what triggered it, perhaps the looming anniversary. Actually, I recently rewatched the video I put together. Kinda made me feel good, all things considered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry about your dad. i can relate :( i lost my dad to cancer in january and it has been the most painful experience i've ever had to go through.


    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete