Sunday, July 22, 2012

Job Update: Things are looking up!

I can not believe I have been at my new job for 3 months... well almost. At the end of this month it will officially be 3 months. Time has certainly flown by. I remember when I first started and how intimidated I was by the number of patients that would come in everyday. Granted that still makes me nervous, but I have a system and I know how to handle it. 

Even though I still have until the end of the month to reach my actual 90 day mark, I got my evaluation early. My supervisor is going to be on maternity leave when I hit my 90 days so she decided to give it to me before she left. 

And not to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT! 

I got a great evaluation. She really didn't have anything negative to say. She mentioned that I have a tendency to take on a leadership role with the coworker. And I do... and that infuriates me to no end. I don't want to be the "leader". I want us to be a team. My supervisor also praised me and my coworker for how well we work together and how we handle the work load positively and just tackle it head on. Apparently the previous ladies were not so positive and couldn't handle the work load they were given, which is less than what we have right now. Interesting isn't it?!?!?

However.... money was not discussed. I have never been one to ask about a raise and I know that it's something I need to work on, but its always made me uncomfortable. So, maybe I will have a surprise on my paycheck in a few weeks... haha! I am not going to hold my breath. 

I am so incredibly happy at my job. Even when I hate it, I love it. I love talking with the patients and I love the people that I work with. 

Next up I get to have health insurance... quite a novel concept after 4 years without insurance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment