Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I L.O.V.E. Thunderstorms! (please don't judge me)

I love thunderstorms! Yes you read that correctly, I LOVE thunderstorms.

So much so that when it's gloomy and rainy and dreary out, I seem to come to life more. I love the sound of thunder and the flash of lightening. It does scare me, yes, but it also fascinates me. Mother nature is just so wondrous and mystical to me. It seems, that for me, the rain and gloom that comes with tropical storm systems makes me, come alive almost. These are the days when I miss having a porch to sit on and just drink in the smell of the rain and see the earth renewed. I wish I was able to open all the windows in my house and just listen to the wind whip through the trees. Nothing is more soothing or peaceful to me. I could listen to that sound all day... 
.

Granted there are stormy days when I become one with the couch and totally and completely veg, but there are some days when this depressing weather motivates me. Like most people I too agree that stormy weather is PERFECT for cuddling, movie watching or book reading and coffee drinking. It's like mother nature's way of saying "slow down you need a break". 

RT

What does it mean? Who knows... not me that's for sure. All I know is that there has always been a part of me that wanted to be a tornado chaser... I don't think I would have the "backbone" to do it though. I mean I saw "Twister" and that was some crazy stuff. So while most people are wishing that tropical storm Debby would hurry up and leave, I am delighting in the weather.

rainbow

HOWEVER, I must state that while I do find comfort in this weather, I am well aware of it's horrific impact. I do not relish in the idea of people losing their homes or lives as a result of the torrential rains and winds. If there was a way for their to be thunderstorms and no damages to homes or loss of life, that would be the best case scenario.

After the rain its like we are seeing the earth come back to life. The land has been rejuvenated and refreshed and the slate has been wiped clean, at least temporarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment