Friday, April 20, 2012

The (Dreaded) Return to Work

I got a job! Yippee skippy! Confetti and balloons all around!!


And to be completely, 100% honest... 

I am not 100% excited! I am excited though. It's in a medical office and that is what I wanted, so that is something to be happy and excited about. Oh and I like the hours: 7:30 - 4:30! I will be able to come home and cook dinner, on the nights that Firefighter is home, and feel like I have time and not like I am rushing in the evenings! Plus I am able to finish up school too! 

I can only imagine how much I am going to miss sleeping in and having that sense of freedom that only comes from knowing that I am off, while other people are working. It's such a gratifying and devilishly happy feeling. 

I am going to miss the feeling like I am on a vacation, because there were days when it felt like that. And in reality it was only a vacation. I was always going to go back to work. I really have no choice. But at least this time, I feel like I had a little more control over the situation. 

I have seriously enjoyed my time off. And I had such high hopes. Hopes that I would read all or most of the unread books on my book shelf (that was a bit over ambitious as I have at least 10 or more books that are untouched), hopes that I would get my bedroom completely organized, hopes that I would get our bills and other documents more organized and hopes that I would get out more and take more pictures and get more practice. Sadly, the couch called and I answered, EVERY DAY!  I think part of my couch-potato behavior had to do with at least 2 things: a.) I didn't want to spend money and it seemed that whenever I left the house, I would spend money, so how else would I control that? Don't leave the house!; b.) I was a teensy bit depressed. I mean I was FIRED! And for NO good reason, and I keep searching for one. I can't wrap my head around the fact that there I did nothing wrong. If I did nothing wrong, why was I fired? Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be out of there, but in the same breath, I wanted it to be on my own terms. I can't change the past, but I will embrace the future. 

I planned so many things that I wanted to do, in my head of course and like any good procrastinator, none of them came to fruition. And now I am suffering the consequences. I have to cram the important things I want to do into 10 days! AND I have homework to finish. My final is the 30th. (p.s. i can not wait for that class to be over)

One of the things that I am going to miss the MOST is that, "Oh I don't have to work on Monday" feeling. I know that the realization that I have to get up and go to work on Monday won't come with the same dread that it has in the past, because I hated my job, but still it will come with small, crumb sized servings of dread. 

But it's time to get back out into the world. I was becoming far too lazy. I have memorized TV show schedules.... *hangs head in shame*. Not a good sign people, not a good sign. 

SO... I start on April 30th and now I have to get my act together, take off my procrastinator's hat, and get the projects I really wanted to get done, done. Oy vey, why do I do this to myself! 

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the MOST important part of the new job..............S C R U B S!!!!! *Happy Dance*


2 comments:

  1. SCRUBS are basically pajamas so yeah, that's awesome. Congrats on getting a job so fast. Oh how I wish I didn't have to work ever! Live is so much better w/o the 9-5. Oh well! We need money so we go to work. Enjoy your last days off.

    ReplyDelete