Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I wish I was that way....

I stumbled upon Kelly's Korner whilst perusing the internet this evening. She compiled a post on all of the things she wished she was, but was finally owning up to the fact that she wasn't. I really relate. I constantly wish I was different than I was. In so many ways. I am going to follow her lead....

* I wish I was more forgiving of myself. I am very hard on myself about so many things and I need to let myself off the hook. 

* I wish I was better at being a lil Ms. Suzy Homemaker. I want to be, I do, but I am just...not. 

* I wish I was less concerned about what others thought of me. And the funny, or rather ironic thing, is that I really don't care, but then my mind starts to unravel and I start thinking about how much of a people pleaser I am. 

* I wish I was more determined, more focused, more motivated in more than one area of life. I wish I was more motivated to go to the gym in the morning, I wish I was more focused on what I wanted to do with my life, 

* I wish I could be more of a life planner. I am more of a whatever happens, happens kind of person. 

* I wish I was less afraid to really put myself out there. I love writing, but I am so afraid to be more "vocal" on here and take more risks. I also enjoy taking pictures and wish that I would be more assertive with taking them. 

* I wish I was more of a risk taker. 

* I wish I was less materialistic, but I like stuff too much. Sad :(

These are not complaints about myself, they are just observations I have made about myself that I would like to try and own and accept. Some of these things I can change, I am sure with work, but I don't know that I should...because then I would be trying to please people, and as stated above, I wish I was less of a people pleaser. You read all over the internet nowadays that the only person you have to please is yourself, and that is what I would love to be able to do. 

1 comment:

  1. I wish a lot of things on your list about myself too. I wish I was the susie homemaker type too.

    ReplyDelete