Tuesday, March 27, 2012

50 Questions to Free Your Mind

I am always looking for things to help me get out of my perpetual writer's block that I seem to have. I was reading Kallay at Kallaydoscope and her responses to these questions and decided to just play along. Who knows where this will lead and what could come if it. 

Alrighty people, brace yourself. There are 50 questions, as indicated in the title of this post, but I think I am going to follow Kallay's lead and do this in portions. 

Tonight we will start with 1 - 10. 

Diving in.... 

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
A.) I feel like I am about 18 years old mentally. Physically I feel older. if I could choose any age to be, I would choose 25. You can drive, drink, smoke, buy lottery tickets, vote and rent a car.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
A.) Wow... this is hard for me. I am so afraid of failing and trying new things. However, I would have to say, if I didn't try things, I would regret them. Perfect example being my stint as a softball player. I was nervous about doing it, since I have never played on a team before, but once I got out there, it was fun and I am glad I did it. (Please don't tell Firefighter. I will deny it whole heartedly.)

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like, and like so many things we don't do? 
A.) Great question. Of late I have become a firm believer that we should do what we want and what makes us happy. I often wonder how people are able to work at jobs they don't like, or even enjoy, but sadly based on the way the world is going, people need jobs and they may not have the luxury of being too particular. 

4. When all is said and done, will you have said more than you've done?
A.) Sadly I think I am more of a sayer than a doer. I have a lot of fears that I need to overcome before I can become a "doer". 

5. What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?
A.) I don't think people value the things that really matter. We need to pay more attention to family and to nurturing relationships and not focused on the material things in the world. We need to shift our focus to concentrate on how to take care of the planet and each other. 

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
A.) Another great question and so relevant to me right now. At my previous job, working for an attorney, I was NOT happy. It was a job that sucked the life out of me. I considered being a teacher and thought that would make me happy, but now, I am not sure. I am looking forward to being a mother. If I could combine that with my love for writing and photography, I think I would be set.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? 
A.) I think in my previous employment, I was settling for what I was doing. I had no choice, I needed money. Now I have been presented with an opportunity to do something that I support and believe in. What that is, sadly I do not have a completely firm grasp on at the moment, but I know it will be helping people in some way. 

8. If the average life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
A.) I would probably be more outspoken and eat whatever I wanted. 

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
A.) In every decision that I have made, it has set me on the course that my life has taken. I have made decisions to go to school at this time, I made decisions to be with Firefighter, I have chosen to make certain things priorities and other things not priorities. I believe that some things are "fate", but at the same time, if I hadn't made a certain choice, would that "fated" moment have occurred?

10. Are you worried about doing things right or doing the right things?
A.) BOTH! I am a people pleaser and of late, I have found that I beat myself up when I do things that others do not agree with or doing something they don't like. I need to realize that I am NOT going to please everyone all the time. I attempted to make dinner for mom and I the other night and I didn't follow a recipe, but just started cooking. I ended up not doing it the way mom would have done it and I was upset with myself. Mom wasn't and the food turned out fine and delicious, but I didn't do it the "right" way. 

Okay.... I think that is enough introspection for this evening. 

Questions 11-20 are up next. 

Nighty night!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment