Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels

Truer words have never been spoken. I often have this thought in my mind when I am getting ready to stuff my face with some deliciously, sinful food item, like friend mozzarella cheese.. my weakness! I remember, almost as clear as day, how insanely AWESOME I felt and looked, to be frank, the summer of 2010. It was the thinnest I had ever been as an adult. And to this day, I am not sure what happened. I was on Medifast pretty faithfully and I was taking Armor thyroid, in my opinion the perfect storm for a weight loss plan for me, but my doctor's don't want to put me back on the Armor, because it's hard to control, as I have mentioned before. The Medifast is expensive, but the results were awesome.  I remember that in June/July is when I seemed to plateau. It seemed like no matter what I did, I couldn't lose anymore weight. Hindsight, it was probably my thyroid meds needing to be adjusted. 

And then a few months later, I lost my father and nothing seemed that important anymore.



But now I have to get back to that place. I NEED to! I felt so alive, beautiful and just like a better version of myself. I want to make sure I am healthy enough to have kids and enjoy them. I want to look good for myself and for Firefighter! 

So I am going to need to stop wimping out and make every trip to the gym count. I need to feel the burn! 

On that note... I am out! 
Alicia

 


No comments:

Post a Comment