Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More Questions / Less Answers

Hello out there fellow bloggers! 


Today was nothing special. Got up went to work, had dinner with mom and used her treadmill and came home. Tomorrow I need to get to the gym... IT'S A MUST! The treadmill is a good start, but not what I need to see results. I need to work on my muscle toning! Need to FEEL THE BURN!!!!!!!!!


The more mom and I discuss my condition and dieting the more questions come up. Like for instance, why doesn't the endocrinologist look at my liver function to make sure that it is working properly? That is the organ that processes meds and it's also where the conversion of T4 to T3 takes place and that is very important for me. So WHY isn't that monitored??? Also since I have an autoimmune disease that has affected my thyroid, do I do a eating regime based on the autoimmune disease or the thyroid disorder? So many questions! 

I am seriously leaning toward seeing a holistic doctor because I am truly starting to feel that a more natural course may benefit me more. They seem to offer a more "full picture" approach to treatment versus the way the medical field chooses to treat things. They are all about breaking things down into pieces and not necessarily treating you as a whole, as a person. It's sad but I think at times doctors tend to forget that we are people and not conditions. I know not all doctors out there are like that, but that seems to be the case for most. And it's hard to know too if they are prescribing you medicine because they truly believe that it's what's best for you or if they get a kick back. Hope I don't offend anyone, but the way this world works now nothing would surprise me. And Firefighter being trained as a paramedic will be the first one to say the same thing! 

That is my mini rant for today. 

Peace out -
Alicia 


No comments:

Post a Comment