Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Recap

This is the second year in a row that I haven't felt the Christmas spirit. Last year, being the first year without dad was understandable and to be honest it was a complete blur for most of my family. I don't really recall much at all what we did. 

But this year... the funk was back.... And nothing seemed to help. 

One thing that I am sure contributed to my funk was Firefighter's schedule. As I mentioned in a previous post, Firefighter has been working for a private ambulance transport company. It's been great that he has been able to use his education, but I have to say that I have really hated his schedule up until recently. UGH! He worked a 36 hour shift the weekend of Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. I didn't really see him AT ALL! I don't even have a picture of us in front of a tree. It makes me very sad. So before my mom takes her tree down, he and I are going to go over there and have her take a picture of us in front of her tree, whether he likes it or not! And then.... to add insult to injured heart, he worked a 24 hour shift on New Year's Eve. And he wasn't even somewhere at midnight that I could go to him ad ring in the new year together. Ugh! I admire at times the work that he does, but I have to say that it really encroaches on my romantic ideas of spending the holidays with him. 

Rewind to the week or two before the holiday when we decided to decorate... Firefighter went to pull out the decorations and lights only to discover that our ENTIRE bin was moldy and gross. Apparently when the hot water heater exploded in July, water got into the bin and I didn't realize it. I had absolutely NO CLUE that there were holes in the bottom of the tub. UGH! So we bought this tree and it sat here in our house, undecorated... no lights or anything. Firefighter put lights up around the house but at least 2 strands were bad so they need to be tossed. Looks like we are going to have to replace all the decorations this year.

So....needless to say the ruined decorations did not help the Christmas spirit to arrive at my door step.

Mom, sister and brother in law and I did venture to the Gaylord Palms to see Shrek the Halls. It was a lot of fun and something I would definitely like to do again this year.









Hard to believe all of these are made out of ICE???

So needless to say I was glad to get the holidays behind me and sad at the same time. I don't like feeling like Christmas is just another day. It's always been my favorite holiday, so hopefully I will be funk free this year!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment