Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Let the games begin!!!

Crunch time is coming! I have 2 papers due, both relatively close to each other in due dates and I am just really starting them now. Sadly, I am one of those people that works better under pressure. My brain seems to function and find words easier when put to the test. This is not a quality of mine that I cherish or gloat about. It's a quality that I loathe in fact. I would much rather prefer the ability to pace myself, to find a groove and go with it. Not me, I like to do things the hard way. 

To add to the frustration of writing these papers I am going to have the added stress of firefighter taking his test in Halloween for a county position as a firemedic. The anxiety and trepidation are all too familiar. The hoping and putting the eggs in one basket is something I do far too easily. I constantly tell myself NOT to do that, but it happens, I do it! Eggs are in the basket... and you know what, it's a pretty freakin' basket. It's not too big, not too small, it's white with some of that pretty Easter basket grass stuff and nice big purple bow. With a basket so appealing, how could I not put my eggs in there?? But i digress...I want the waiting and the anxiety to be over with. I so wish that it was one of those tests where you take it and know right then and there if you are hired or not. Well that's not how this works... He takes one test, then another test and then there is an interview. Hoop jumping is what it sounds like to me. I don't like hoops. 

Life is starting to pick up it's pace too, like it always does at the end of the year. So now in addition to all of this fun stuff, I have to sneak shopping in somewhere for Christmas gifts. And it's gonna be hard... I haven't stepped foot in a Target or Kohls or Old Navy in MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!! (Squeal.. GO ME!!!!) 

So I have my game face and big girl panties on... let's do this people! 

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment