Friday, October 28, 2011

An adult?? Who?? ME?!?!?

When I was growing up, I knew I would be the age that I am now, but never had any idea what that life would look like. Now that I am this age, and feel like I am still in high school, I have moments when I can't believe I am in my thirties already. Where did it go? The fact that I am walking around a house without my parents being here is kind of cool. Even though, I am the one who is responsible to take care of the house now, which kind of sucks honestly, it's still a great feeling to know that I am not dependent on anyone. Then I start to think about all the things that adults get to do, I start to feel a sense of anxiety and panic. The idea that I am old enough to  even consider buying a house, or having kids, makes me think to myself, "how did that happen" and "when I did I become the adult?" It's such a strange reality to me. It's so incredibly hard to believe that I am no longer a "kid". I am an adult.

ME... an adult!!!! ACK!

Despite being an adult *gulp*, I often feel like I am treated as though I am still the kid in the room who doesn't get it. It's as though people around me are talking above my head or beyond my realm of understanding. I feel like people dance around issues in front of me... like they are trying to protect me. I do not need protection. I am an adult... treat me like one!

Am I the only one that feels this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment