Saturday, September 10, 2011

8/21/11

Since my dad has passed I have had days where he seems ever present. On 8/21/11 he seemed more present than I have ever experienced. 

On that particular morning, I woke up at 7am. Not too unusual for a Saturday for me. I got up, went onto the couch and feel back to sleep. What happened next is difficult to articulate. 

I was dreaming about dad and a family trip I believe. I kept trying to reach him, but he was ALWAYS out of reach. I would start to cry in the dream and the weight of the emotion or something WOKE ME UP! I fell back to sleep but this occurred 2 more times. Insanity! 

I talked to my mom and she had a dad day also. While at work she was returning to her desk and she had her radio set to her favorite station and no sooner did she sit down, then their song came on.. Lou Rawls "You'll Never Find". OMG! She admitted she had a hard time composing herself but managed to finish out the day. 

Later that evening I went to a Thirty-One party at a friend's house and she had the radio station playing through her TV set to 70's music. I was there maybe 10 minutes and the Lou Rawls song came on. 

At that point it was like OK Dad ... we get it! 

Funny how some days he is more present then others. He is always with me though, but that day in particular he was quite an attention hog!  Hee hee!


Here it is .... my mom and dad's song! 

Love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment