Sunday, July 3, 2011

stream of consciousness sunday - Variety of Thoughts

*SUNDAY* SUNDAY* SUNDAY*

Time for the brain dump that I have come to quite enjoy!!! 

If you want to partake in the fun stuff then link up with Fadra here!

Thank you to all the lovely ladies that commented on my post last week. They were both comforting and informative. It's good to know that I am not alone in my uncertainty on what I want to do with my life.  So thanks for the love ladies!

for the life of me this morning i can't focus on one thing to write about on this week's brain dump. so in the spirit of that I am going to briefly address a few things that are on my mind currently.

1. i have recently noticed that i have lost my ability to buffer. i tend to speak my mind freely and openly. i try hard to be sensitive to people and not say things in a harsh manner, but i do voice my opinion, whether it is wantted or not. while that can be admirable in some ways i fear that it can also be a bad thing.

2. in relation to #1 i hate walking on eggshells. that's no way to go about life. if you have something to say - just say it. life is too damn short to walk tiptoe around feelings or emotions. if you aren't happy say so... if you are depressed - get help. you should make life as enjoyable as possible. we aren't really here that long if you think about it. (sorry for the morbidity) In the wise words of Dr. Seuss, "be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those you matter don't mind."

3. in some photos that i took friday night while my family and i were walking the beach, it appears there is a green light in the pictures that i can't explain. some people may think i am crazy, but i was wondering about the possibility of it being an orb. i googled orbs and they all appear to be perfectly round in shape and colorless. but my green light is a. green and b. shapeless. am i imagining things because i am desperately trying to feel my father's presence or are they really orbs? my brother has a friend that knows a medium... SIGN ME UP. I would love nothing more then to speak to this person and have some communication or receive some sign or message from loved ones past.

*************************************************
There you have it, my brain dumpage for the day!  I am looking forward to attending a Rays game with my family today. Then tomorrow we are having a 4th of July party. YAY for long weekends!

Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July!

************************************

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.

7 comments:

  1. This reminds me about my own "issue" holding my tongue about some things... and still cannot bring myself to write the blog post I want to write - because I don't want to offend people it's not meant for. So I hold off writing it.

    As for the green orbs - I say believe what you want to believe about them. Others will always be there to dash your hopes.

    Stopping by from SOC Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be your own special orb...is the color significant? Are the pictures significant? It might be just what you think it is! And like Julie said, someone will always be there to say it isn't.

    I too hate walking on eggshells...but lately I just can't seem to say what I need to. That's my SOC for today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SOC Sunday ~~

    Oddly enough, your quote from Dr. Seuss is the quote I use in the footer on the main page of my blog.

    I don't see how speaking your mind is a bad thing, but then I tend to blurt now, ask forgiveness later. Really need to get rid of one of those steps.

    Personally, if I were to consult a medium, I'd go with Sylvia Browne. No quackery and she shares a lot of love. For me - I've spoken with my mother and mothers=in=law for years - long after they passed. I don't have pictures, but I have advice and bossiness I could do without.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought that about the green spot in your picture. i had a comment written out but then erased it. i didn't want to freak you out. i totally think its your papa's spirit. no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking your mind is not a bad thing. I am a very opinionated person, but I respect other peoples opinions when I disagree in the hopes people will do the same to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have spent way too long walking on eggshells...I am learning how to find my voice. Slow, but sure. And you are absolutely right - time is too short to spend it worrying about what other people think!
    And if you feel comfortable sharing, let us know what happens with the medium (if you do sit with him/her.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a skill to be able to say what you mean but say it in a way that isn't hurtful to others. That's only something I've learned with maturity and I still screw it up!!

    BTW, I agree about Sylvia Browne. I love her books and they have honestly helped me so much in my course of life. YES, I'm one of THOSE. I believe there are signs all around us. It's just whether or not we choose to see them.

    ReplyDelete