Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stream of Consciousness Sunday - House Dreams

Good Morning folks! I have missed you ladies!

i have a dream about a house for us to move into. we have found a house that is literally just sitting next to our friends house and it's had no activity for the last 2 years. AT LEAST. We were able to see inside and the carpet has been destroyed, but other then that it's in pretty good shape. so now we are going to try and figure out a way to contact the owners, who are going through a divorce, and see if they will take us up on our offer. but the problem is, for me, is that i get excited. I get so excited that i make situations almost real in my mind and then i am incredibly let down. then i also start thinking about all of the stuff that goes along with owning a home. are we ready.. can we really afford it... are we ready... oy! I want out of his parent's house so that we don't have to rely on them for anything anymore but in the same breath I am scared to death! Firefighter is considering a roommate... just for a year so we can get some extra money so that we can make some improvements. part of the problem is that he talks about us getting that house and he makes it so real and i can see it happening and then, what happens if we don't get it? i will br crushed and we will be stuck in this house for longer. curses! so needless to say in my mind i have the layout imprinted and i am making plans. oy!


************************************
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.




6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I am the same way...I am a planner and I start visualizing things before they come to pass. And I get super excited too, so that means also super let down. But let yourself have this one! Even if it doesn't work out, you will be that much better equipped next time you guys are looking at a house!
    Again, good luck!! Let us know how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Luck! I do the same thing! When I get excited about something, I have it all planned out in my mind! I hope it all works out for you guys and you get your dream house! You deserve it! happy SOC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Sounds like we all have something in common cause I do it to! Sometimes it can be a good thing though. Hubby swears I've wished things I wanted into happening. Maybe you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing too!! When we were house shopping, I did it with one house in particular. When we didn't get the house, I made my husband stop looking for a while, because I was so disappointed I couldn't take it. Ended up being the best thing and now we have a better house that I love even more. Good luck with the process!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm visiting from SOCS.

    I do the same thing. I get so excited about something that I start planning before it's even happened!

    Good luck to you, I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing. It's tough. But, look at it this way, if it doesn't work out, it wasn't meant to work out in the first place and there is something better waiting for you. Remembering this always helps me. I lived with my parents soon after I married, and it was TOUGH. And, I remember being desperate, and I mean desperate to get out of there. But, because our finances weren't together, we had to stay. It was tough at the time, but looking back on it, it was what we needed to do to get to where we are today (homeowners, not in debt, and happily out of my parents' house).

    ReplyDelete