Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Tangent

So I am at a loss... 
Do I have a gluten intolerance? 
OR
Do I have a dairy intolerance? 

I am frustrated peeps.... DO YOU HEAR ME??? 

FRUSTRATED! 

I am so OVER analyzing every piece of food that I put in my mouth. It's tiring. I know that in my previous post I have said that I have a positive attitude... and for the most part I DO! But once in a while, I get overwhelmed with the amount of work that goes into watching what I eat. I don't want to sound like I am complaining... more like ranting... 

I look at recipes and try to get ideas of things to eat and that keeps my spirits up, but then I lose momentum. I just want it to be easier. I have tried to maintain that it's not going to be too difficult to change what I eat, but the truth is... it's HARD! It's hard to stop eating foods that you know and love. It's a LOT of work to go grocery shopping and read each and every label to make sure that you aren't getting something that will affect you adversely. 

I attribute a lot of the food allergies that people are all of a sudden developing to the increased amount of processed foods we are consuming. Our society's desire to do things as quickly as possible has minimized the importance of making sure we stay healthy in the process. We rush through life, through meals, through experiences and we stress ourselves to the max and it's no wonder we have all the health issues that we have in this country. I think we need to take the lifestyle of the Eurpoeans i.e. Italians into consideration. They use fresh ingredients when they cook, they take comfort in the simpler things in life, they enjoy time with family, and they take time to savor ALL aspects of life. After all ... LIFE IS TOO SHORT! 

thank you dear readers (whoever reads this) for allowing this ranting interruption of our normally scheduled program.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we all need to vent and rant sometimes! You are entitled.

    ReplyDelete