Monday, June 13, 2011

new thought process

Now that I am aware of what is going on with my innards, I have to address my way of thinking. I do not want this post to sound at all negative, but realistic. 

I am going to have to change my thought process. It's going to be a little bit of a challenge. It's not always easy for me to just switch my mind set and accept it right away. As I have mentioned on here in the past, I do not care for change. That is not to say that I am not going to do my DAMNDEST to stay as positive as I can, because that is my goal. I want to be healthy, I want to take care of myself, I want to be fit.  I really believe that a lot of my negativity came from being fat. I always knew that I had to eat this way and that I needed to exercise but I lacked, seriously lacked, motivation! 

But I have motivation now. I look good, I feel good and I have a positive frame of mind and as always I have a great support system. 

This isn't just going to affect me... this adjustment. It will affect my family and Firefighter as well. When parties are planned I am going to be that person that they are going to have to take into consideration because I have a special diet... and ya know what... I am ok with that. I will bring my own food there if I need to... no problem. I will take the responsibility off of them, but I know my family well enough to know that they are going to try and accommodate me as much as they can, because they rock that way! 

I can't be negative during this process, although I know myself well enough to know that inevitably I will have pity parties. That's ok. They are allowed. The important thing is for me not to dwell on it. It's important for me to acknowledge that it is going to be a struggle, talk about my feelings and move on!  I am also going to need to remind myself that this is not an overnight process. That this is going to take time. I tend to be quite impatient. I need to get over that real quick. I think as long as I feel good, I will be accepting of the fact that time needs to pass for results to take place.

Today as I write this though, I am VERY optimistic! Very positive and looking forward to the changes.

2 comments:

  1. It's always really hard to have to change your ways and your thought process, when you've been used to something else for so long, but you are on the right path, and you're doing great! I'm so glad that you are happy with who you are today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you looked at gluten free girls blog or book? her story is inspiring.

    http://glutenfreegirl.com/

    it's hard work and you know whats best for your body. just admitting that means you are halfway there!

    ReplyDelete