Monday, June 6, 2011

MTV Movie Awards (a.k.a. The Twilight Awards)



Firefighter and I watched the MTV movie awards last night. And I have three words to sum up the nights winners: 

What a crock! 

I can not believe that the Twilight: Eclipse movie walked away with so many awards. Don't get my wrong, I am a fan of the movie, however, there are other movies out there that deserved to be winners tonight too. 

How are the MTV movie awards decided? That is what I want to know. I mean how is it possible that that movie won so many awards?!?!?

In addition to there being TOO many Twilight wins, Justin Bieber winning best jaw dropping moment over James Franco cutting off his own arm?! Really??? And Tom Felton winning best villain? He was hardly in Deathly Hallows part 1. And his scenes were not all that villain-worthy. If anyone from Harry Potter should have been nominated for that it should have been Helena Bonham Carter. She was vicious with Hermione. I just do not understand the nominee process. 

Granted I know that this isn't the Oscars or anything, but for the young crowd this is almost as important. However when the shows award the same movie all the time it just seems to discredit them I think. Firefighter is convinced it's all rigged. I, being an optimist try not to believe that, but it's hard not to when sweeps like this happen. It happens in all award shows... the Oscars included! 

Is there any area of the world where some kind of politics aren't involved? 

Totally LOVED Reese Witherspoon receiving the generation award. She is adorable and such a great actress. I loved her speech to young girls about not needing a reality show to get into the entertainment industry and about sex tapes causing shame... very good role model for the young girls of the world. 

And I think the crowning moment was the little girl from "Grown Ups" winning for best line from a movie... "I wanna get chocolate wasted"!!! She was PRECIOUS!!!!!!

I am going to go ahead and predict the winners for next years MTV movie awards... TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN! (ugh!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment