Friday, June 10, 2011

Before Medifast

Before Medifast I was a different person.
(Before Medifast)

Before Medifast I thought I was eating decently. I wasn't eating a lot of fried foods or what I considered to be "bad" foods. I would make good, healthy choices when I went out to dinner. I wouldn't stuff my face or binge on junk food. 

Before Medifast I never really considered myself fat. (this is sad to me). I knew I was overweight, but I had a boyfriend and friends, so I didn't really think anything of it. 

Before Medifast shopping was a challenge. I didn't really feel like I had much to choose from. Now I feel, almost, like the world is my oyster. There are so many things I have in my closet now that I never would have had in my closet 30 lbs ago. 

Medifast has been a great tool for me.  It helped me get to a place where I care about myself again. Where I can see that I am beautiful and worth the effort. It's sad to realize that I never really felt that way about myself before. Medifast has helped change my life, for the better. I now realize how important your diet is... how crucial it is to make the right decisions about the foods that you eat. Medifast has helped to unearth a person that has been hidden by fat for too long. I like this person that is emerging. I think she is funny, smart, and not too bad on the eyes. I like this version of me a lot more then the other me! 

I made the difficult decision to quit Medifast because of 2 reasons: 1) The Cost... the food was $300-ish a month; 2) it didn't seem to be working for me anymore. I was not feeling good and I had not been noticing any changes. And considering that I have underlying health issues (Grave's Disease and Hypothyroidism) there could have been a host of other things that would have caused the plateau. 

I mentioned in a previous post that I was seeing a chiropractor for treatment of my autoimmune condition. She had me get some blood work done and I got the results earlier this week. The results were very telling. I have several things going on inside my body. I have hypoglycemia, low stomach acid - which is preventing my foods from being digested properly, an autoimmune form of anemia, a bad inflammation problem and a possible gluten intolerance.

(Present)
Firefighter and I have decided to start shopping at Whole Foods and attempt a more organic/unprocessed foods approach to the way that we eat. This should be interesting considering his seriously limited palate.

I am excited and nervous at the same time about the upcoming changes. I am happy knowing what is going on internally and I am even happier knowing that I have the information at my finger tips to help me make educated decisions about how to go from here. I feel like I have a new lease on life...


I owe so much to Medifast. It helped get me to a better place in my life and see that I am important! There are truly no words for that kind of gift! Thank you Medifast!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are getting some answers and hopefully finding some resolutions to your health problems. You sound much more positive about everything then when I first started reading your blog and that's great. Life is good. Sometimes we forget.

    ReplyDelete