Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{Untitled}

So yesterday was my appointment with the doctor who put on the free seminar that i mentioned here. the seminar was very informative and hit home on a lot of symptoms for me. at the seminar the first three people to sign up for an appointment (at a discounted price) received this free book. At my appointment yesterday, the doctor insisted that I read the first three chapters before my next appointment. 

She basically performed some neurological tests (balance and reflexes) on me and we chatted about my symptoms (fatigue, memory, concentration, muscle fatigue, etc.) and she ordered some blood work. Once I get the blood work done and she gets the results we will have another appointment where we will discuss her findings. Firefighter has to attend that appointment. He attended yesterday as well, and I have to agree with him (but don't tell him) there was no need for him to be at that appointment. He will definitely need to be at the next appointment though. I have a feeling that I am going to have to make some lifestyle changes. While I know it's not hard, I also know myself well enough to know that it is going to be a challenge.  But I want to feel better and I want to be healthy. If I don't get my autoimmune disease under control know I can pass things onto my children... and that scares me. They aren't things that I can't handle, but they sure are things that would challenge their quality of life. 

I started reading the book last night. It has really opened my eyes to some things I didn't know and reminded me of things I already knew. Some of the topics covered in the book are reminiscent of issues dad had. He was hypothyroid as well, but I am beginning to think that he may have had an autoimmune disease that was undiagnosed. It is hereditary after all! In that regard reading the book has been hard. I keep having these what if moments... what if he had been tested? What if they checked his thyroid more frequently? What if this or what if that... none of this will bring him back. And while I love my father, I also know that if he had been tested and it was determined that he would have had to make some lifestyle changes, he would not have done it. Just calling a spade a spade! 

So hopefully once I get this resolved and get a plan I will start to feel "normal". 

That is all for now... sorry for the long rambling post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment