Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Say Yes to the Dress on TLC

I love watching this show on TLC. I have to say thought that most of the brides that appear on the show allow their friends/mothers/family members to influence their decision too much! In the most recent episode that I was watching the bride allowed her teenage sister to determine the dress... UM... SERIOUSLY??? Needless to say nothing was satisfactory to the teenager so the bride left empty handed. Really, who is wearing the dress?!?!

Most of the brides tend to bring an army of people with them when they go dress shopping... too many cooks if you ask me. I plan on bringing family only with me when I go dress shopping. Maybe for the fittings with I bring my peeps. I have a feeling if I brought too many people with me I would end up strangling someone. I have absolutely no desire to bring my FMIL with me. (Notice how close the acronym for Future Mother In Law is to FML??) Her and I are not close. There is no warm and fuzzy there... And for the love of me I can't see bringing the fiancee with me. I want him to be surprised when he sees me. I want him to be speechless... oh my romantic heart. I know that I will KNOW which dress is for me the moment I try it on and that will be the end of it. Not to mention that I kind of would like to surprise people with my dress. I mean I am only going to get to shine like that for one day, I want to make an impression.

I think the more people that come, the more the bride gets lost. Her vision becomes no more. It starts to become about other people and not her... and it's supposed to be about her.  I hate when the mother is so selfish and domineering that she puts her wants before that of her daughters... um, this isn't your wedding, back off! Then you have the bossy friend who has too much to say. Usually on the show this is the one I want to high five in the face. I think her arrogance is a mask for her jealousy. But that is just me. I hate when you see the brides leave empty handed because their mother or "best" friend has poo pooed their idea of a dream dress. Where do they get off?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment