Sunday, April 24, 2011

Leave the Gun... Take the Cannoli

I finally saw "The Godfather" for the first time Wednesday night. WOW! What a movie!!! We have 2 and 3 in on our list with netflix, because I haven't seen any of the movies.

So the movie wasn't bad. It was good. It did have it's parts where it dragged on and on and.... on... While I understand that the first movie was laying the foundation, it was ridiculously LONG!! I am glad we are going to be watching the trilogy. It will clue me in on a lot of movie references I am sure. 

While I enjoyed the movie, despite it's lackluster beginning, the killing bothered me towards the end. One of the commonly used lines in the movie was "it's not personal, it's business". Well, how is killing someone NOT personal? And who are the mob to decide who lives and who dies??? 

I had the HARDEST time understanding Marlon Brando... I tried so hard. There were times when he was clear and other times not so much. AL PACINO (at that age) was FREAKING GORGEOUS!!! OOOOMMMGGG!!!!! What a looker! And he came off so sweet and gentlemanly. I almost didn't recognize him. I didn't realize the star power that was in that movie... Marlon, Al, James Caan, Diane Keaton, Robert Duvall, etc. What a great cast!

I hope that people didn't perceive all Italians/Sicilians as the movie portrayed them. I am both. Not all Italians are connected to the mob (*make a mental note please).

SOOOO... Long story short... once we move on to the 3rd movie, I am going to prepare an Italian "feast" for Firefighter and I while we watch the last movie. I am quite excited about it. Not sure what the menu will be just yet though... I will keep you all posted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment