Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One Year Ago

Looking back to this time last year, I was fully entrenched in the Medifast program. I was losing weight and noticing changes and excited about the changes I was seeing and feeling. Also this time last year Firefighter and I went to Epcot for the Garden and Flower Festival. Now, as I sit here, this year, so far... I have lost my mojo. I don't know where it is and how I can get it back. I was so motivated and soooo close and now I feel like I am starting over and I am back in the bad place... back in the "I can't do this" phase. I am now entering a lazy phase... a I am content with where I am phase... UGH! I can't figure out how to get back to where I was a year ago. I honestly don't remember the last time I lost weight. I know that i have gained weight recently. I do blame some of it on the new thyroid meds, or rather on the thyroid condition. Once I get "balanced" (and I use that term loosely) hopefully things will balance out. But it's hard to not blame the meds when they are one of the only things that has changed in the mix. Yes, dad passed away and that is stressful so there is that, that I am dealing with... Yes we have hired someone new at work and I was training and working intensely for two weeks, so that was stressful. And to be brutally honest, I haven't been to the gym like I should be, but apparently I was working out like a fiend before dad got sick... this i do not remember. I know what I need to do, as I always have, and yet for some reason I can't seem to get off my arse and get it done. I need to get back to where I was one year ago.... Ugh, I wish it was easier to turn back time. 

1 comment:

  1. You'll get there. Something has to click and then you will be off and running. Once you get fed up with yourself enough then hopefully your motivation will come back. The hardest part is starting!!

    ReplyDelete