Thursday, March 17, 2011

new lady

so we got a new girl, pardon me, "woman", at work. her mere presences poses inner turmoil for me. i appreciate her being there and taking some of the pressures off of me with respect to the administrative duties. it's so nice to be able to actually have time to read documents pertaining to cases. 

she is a nice lady, let me say that upfront... i like her. she is sweet and accommodating, almost to a nauseating point. I can't stand people who are phony...and i get the impression that she is phony.  She INSISTS on getting me coffee in the morning... while some people may consider this a nice thing, it annoys the HELL out of me. First of all, she is older then me. She is too old to be so concerned about pleasing people. She compliments me CONSTANTLY! Again, nice but not necessary, and it's getting on my nerves. 

I appreciate that she is coming in to a new field and working with new people, but still... we have accepted you, we like you STOP TRYING SO HARD!!!! 

here are a few of the other things that get under my skin:
- she refuses to leave unless we are leaving at the same time. she thinks i will think he work ethic is bad. 
- she prefers that we arrive at the same time in the morning. 
- she announces to me EVERY time she goes out to have a cigarette, when i have told her multiple times to just go... 
- she HAS to talk to me EVERY time she comes through my office - not necessary. and she is always asking "how's it going", "what's going on"....

Perhaps I am bitter because I am concerned that I am being edged out... could be... who knows... 

I don't want to sound ungrateful that she is there, because I really do appreciate her being there and her help, but I don't want to chit chat with her. i want her to do her job, ask me questions about tasks and go about her day. Not too much to ask right? If it's after 5 and you feel that you are done for the day, then go home! Don't get me wrong I don't want it to sound like I am completely anti social with her, since we chat in the morning, but it's just that she is trying to hard and I do not know how to get her to know that it's ok, you fit in, you are accepted.  

I feel better that I got off that my chest... there is more work angst to be addressed.... that will be for a later date. 

Happy St. Patty's day!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. We have someone at my job who totally tries too hard and annoys the heck out of me. She FINALLY stopped announcing every break. She used to be a huge talker but it's gotten better. They are like the same people!!!!! Cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete