Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March = L.O.V.E.


I love March!  

It's my FAVORITE month. It's the onset of Spring and there is a sense of rejuvenation in the air. For me there is a pure sense of joy that is almost tangible. I love the rebirth of nature happening everywhere around me. It's such a reminder that life goes on and that it is possible to start fresh. The greenery reappearing, the vibrant colors awakening from their winter slumber... it's just magical. The days seem longer and time doesn't seem to rush and pass me by. The air is crisper and cooler. There is a pep in my step and I wish I could bottle the positivity and the motivation that I tend to feel in my veins. It would come in handy during those not so rejuvenating times of the year. (HA!) This weather and atmosphere tends to motivate me more then any other time of the year. Oh how I wish that feeling could last all year.

"March is the month of expectation,
The things we do not know,
The Persons of Prognostication
Are coming now.
We try to sham becoming firmness,
But pompous joy
Betrays us, as his first betrothal
Betrays a boy."
-  Emily Dickinson, XLVI

Yesterday the twig was brown and bare;
To-day the glint of green is there;
Tomorrow will be leaflets spare;
I know no thing so wondrous fair,
No miracle so strangely rare.
I wonder what will next be there!
~L.H. Bailey



No comments:

Post a Comment