Thursday, March 17, 2011

I have a headache...it must be a brain tumor

I am a bit of a hypochondriac, but my boss has me beat! i love her to death, but whenever she has a headache, it's a brain tumor and whenever there is a chest pain, it's a heart attack. and what gets me is that she went to medical school (impressive right? medical school THEN law school). And then there is my brother in law who is neurotic as well. He has thus made my sister a nut case as well about any aches and pains she feels. Oy! 

Anyway...back to me. Whenever I get aches/pains/funny feelings tend to start this inner monologue that turns into this dramatic episode in my head which has me landed in the hospital with some sort of mysterious condition. At times, though, I get myself so worked up that I fear closing my eyes at night (will I wake in the morning?). And then I don't sleep good. This generally happens when I am having a particularly bad episode of acid reflux. It gets so bad that at times I feel like there is an elephant on my chest. I know how to deal with it and I do attempt to home heal it, but my psyche gets carried away sometimes. 

And to make things even better... my Firefighter boyfriend is also a paramedic, as I may or may not have mentioned on here before, tends to, at times, sweep my concerns under the rug. Often times he may suggest going to the doctor... but who goes to the doctor anymore? I have far better things to spend my money on like yet another cooking magazine, which I may NEVER cook a recipe out of, but I digress....  He brushes things off and I wonder if that is his way to get me to calm down, but I often wonder if he would take me seriously if I have copious amounts of blood oozing from my body.  But it would be bad if he gave in to my every whim, right? Then I would be crying wolf... and NO one wants that.

Well better be going.... my fingers are starting to hurt, I think it's rheumatoid arthritis. 

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment