Thursday, February 17, 2011

tidbits

Life is passing me by lately. 
I have been so busy at work lately that when I come home from work, all I want to do is veg. I don't even know how we got so busy. It seemed to happen over night. 
I hate the side effects of my new meds, and of course I am pretty sure that the doctor is going to tell me that I am "normal"....whatever that means. 
I don't feel like I am losing anymore weight. 
All I want to do anymore is stuff my face and spend my money. And in the same breath, I want to save every penny if that makes any sense. I'd love to get a new car, but I am going to be debt free soon and that's such a nice feeling that I don't want to muck it up with a car payment and higher insurance.
Mom went on her cruise and had a fabulous time. Dad made an appearance, in a weird way. On their anniversary, Feb 6, one of the performers sang a song by Lou Rawls, You'll Never Find, and that was one of "their" songs. It was dad's way of telling mom that he was there with her. She also won $33. YAY!!!! 
Firefighter has applied for a firemedic job in the county he is volunteering in. Fingers crossed that all goes well and he gets the job. That would be ideal! 
I am having a hard time dealing with dad's death lately. I have gotten to a point where I am just numb. I look at pictures and show no emotion and when we talk about him, I feel nothing. It saddens me. I HOPE this is just a phase. 


Ho hum.... 


Hopefully I will have good news to report next month on firefighter's job!


Love Licia

No comments:

Post a Comment