Monday, November 15, 2010

movie review: Morning Glory

Starring: Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton, Jeff Goldblum

Firefighter and I saw this movie Thursday. He insisted. It was such a cute movie. 

Rachel McAdams did an awesome job as Becky Fuller the over zealous new Executive Producer who was hired to save a dying morning news show, Daybreak.  Harrison Ford plays a seasoned news anchor who begrudgingly joins the show in a attempt to save it and makes McAdams' job a living hell. He is difficult and surly. Diane Keaton is not predominant in the movie, but still has presence. The movie had romance, humor and was a bit inspirational. McAdams is so versatile and gifted, she really has a great screen presence. I found myself rooting for her and her job and her cause. She was believable and likable. 

Overall....it was a great movie, and I would go and see it again! 

On another note, it's been such a long time since I have been at the movies, that I almost forgot what an awesome escape it can be. It was so wonderful to go to the movies and just shut off the cell and shut out life for 2 hours and just be and to laugh.... it was wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment