Monday, November 29, 2010

Long Weekend Festivities

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I hope all (who read this) had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was, nice. There was an obvious void, but we enjoyed it all the same. Every year, in the past we would go around the table and say what we are thankful for, and needless to say at this time we aren't thankful for much. But I digress.... 

My long weekend started out with a trip to the movies to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 on Wednesday night. What can I say... it...was...A W E S O M E!!!!! Firefighter and I along with our North Port buddies went together. It was fun. I also was reading the book. I was about 90% done when we saw the movie. I have to say that they did a good job staying true to the book and while I am impatient, I see why 2 movies was necessary. There is a lot to cover. I finished the book on Thursday before dinner.... can't wait for June or July... I don't recall at the moment when the next one comes out.

After the movie I went and spent the night at mom's to help with preparations for dinner the next day. Both of us seemed to have a hard time sleeping. We were both up at 530 and then again at 7am, so we got started early. It was a real treat being able to help with the food and preparing the bird and stuffing... YUMMY!!! It's a lot of work. I give her a lot of credit she does it every year and doesn't complain.  So after a bit, I went home, showered and tended to the animals then went back over for dinner. After dinner we discussed our plan for Black Friday and then went home. 

Black Friday.... we, my sister, J, her husband, F, started at 5am at Wal-Mart. My brother,P, had already been to Target at 4am when he met us there. I got a steam mop for $36 and a safe for $20, which Firefighter has advised me is not very fireproof though the box states that it is.... so we may be returning it. I also got some rubbermaid tupperware and a new down pillow. Black Friday is ALWAYS so hard for me... it becomes the what can i get for me shopping trip. Not good but it's the truth. After WalMart we hit Kohls, then went and got mom, my niece, D, and my nephew, W and all met at Panera for breakfast. This year was my niece, D's first Black Friday experience. She enjoyed it. After breakfast we went to Target, Best Buy, Bealls, and then we had to bring Firefighter lunch. After that we grabbed lunch then hit the mall. That was our last stop. After that we all went home and I think it was about 3pm. LONG DAY!!!!!! I got home, I think I took a nap.... then went to my sisters for left overs and we watched The Polar Express. Such a good movie. 

Saturday - mom, J (sister) and I went to the movies. We went and saw Burlesque with Cher and Christina Aguilera. It was a great movie. Mom really enjoyed it and that is all that mattered. After the movie, mom and I went to her house and hung out for a bit. My oldest nephew, C, came over and helped get the decorations down. He brought me home and then Firefighter and I and our North Port buddies went to a hockey game, Lightning vs. Panthers. Because of a friend of Firefighter we were 6 rows from the ice!!! AWESOME!!!! I also got a free scarf and he got a tee shirt. YAY!!!

Sunday - Firefighter and I went to breakfast at First Watch, then ran some errands. He apparently wants to start a tradition now that we go to breakfast every Sunday. I like it but lets see how long it lasts. We hit Home Depot, Target, Best Buy and Sam's. Once we were home I finished the cleaning I started earlier that morning and we played with the steam mop. I am embarassed to say that the floors were DISGUSTING!! I am not sure if they were cleaned with anything other then a mop before we moved in. Now don't get me wrong, I mop, but this is the stuff a mop can't get up. OY!!!! Firefighter even partook in the steam mop festivities. Hee hee! I snuck a picture of him using it without his knowledge. He studied a bit and watched football while I did laundry. 

That pretty much sums up the weekend. Dreaded the dawn of Monday morning... hope you all have a good week! 

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun long weekend. mine was great. now back to work. Oh, and that mop sounds awesome. I use the swiffer. Now I wonder if my floors are still dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear that movie was good. I wasn't planning on seeing it. Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete