Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Out of State Relatives

Why is it that we only tend to see those relatives that live out of state at times of extreme joy, i.e. a wedding, or times of extreme sadness, i.e. a death? Having just been through this it really makes me wonder. 

The thought that is crossing my mind is why is it that  out of state family will come and mourn a person's death but not necessarily come and enjoy their life? This to me just shows that in this society we do not put enough emphasis on the people in our lives. Granted I understand that we all get preoccupied with our own lives and happenings, but we should make time for those special people we call family members. In this day and age there are far too many ways to "see" those who live far away without having to leave your own house.

Life is too short to not see your loved ones on a more consistent basis. We need to remember that family is more important then anything! Blood is thicker then water after all...

Family is what makes us who we are...they are what shapes us! 

(C - not directed at you! love and miss you bunches)

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more Licia. My grandma has 8 grandchildren, all live in town and out of all them Tammy and I are the only ones that visit her. We go over to her house once a week and she totally eats it up. But
    I'm sure when she passes on, everyone will come out of the woodwork to get their hands on her $. Tammy and I could care less about the money, we just love spending time with her because 1. she's our only grandma left 2. she's Amish and I want my children to know her and what their heritage is. It really is sad how families these days don't take the time to visit loved ones when they are alive but when they pass, they always say, I should have spent more time with them while they were still here.
    i have to say that is one of my favorite quotes, blood is thicker than water... so true.
    I'm praying that you will find peace, contentment and joy while you celebrate your daddy's life.
    xoxo
    t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! It's true. I'm not close to my extended family at all mostly b/c they live far but I wish that I was.

    ReplyDelete