Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Movie Review: Leap Year

I recently watched Leap Year starring Amy Adams and Matthew Goode on Blueray. This is one of the first movies I have seen with Amy Adams. She is adorable. And Matthew Goode is a cutie. 

Amy Adams, plays a woman who has it all. A great boyfriend, a good paying job, a killer wardrobe and great taste. Her boyfriend Jeremy, is a cardiologist and they have been together for 4 years. Anna (Adams) decides to meet her boyfriend in Ireland so that she can propose to him on Leap Year. Well in her efforts to get there, a myriad of things go wrong and she ends up traveling across Ireland with Declan (Goode) and thereby falling in love with him. She returns home with Jeremy and tries to return to their "normal" life, but soon discovers that her heart lies in Ireland.

I would have to say that I wasn't thrilled with the movie. I enjoyed it but wasn't really impressed. It didn't seem like anything special. For a while there the acting seemed forced. While Goode is totally adorable and believable as a down on his luck Irish man, his accent was very heavy and I had a hard time understanding him at times. Adams was believable as an uptight, rigid and ultra organized Anna. She did a good job with the stiffness and determination of her character. 

Not a favorite movie of mine, but it was entertaining if you have no cable, which was the case for me on Saturday when I watched.  

Up next from  Netflix: World Trade Center.

3 comments:

  1. Ha-too funny. I just reviewed this one myself. I thought it was entertaining. I like Adams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jinx! just checked my movie blog! I have another blog I update on more....if you're interested it's on my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, i started following that one too!

    ReplyDelete