Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Firefighter is OFFICIALLY a Volunteer!!!

We are super excited. I still can't believe that it's all almost coming together. Now we just need him to pass the Paramedic State test to become licensed then it would be PERFECTION!!! He has been trying so hard for so long and he has been so patient, far more patient than I have been, and he deserves this. He deserves to accomplish his dream, especially considering that his parents haven't exactly been super supportive. When he was in high school they would tell him to drop out and get his GED. Seriously?!?!? And his father is a teacher... SERIOUSLY?!?!? So needless to say, he continued high school and graduated over the summer in 2001, in spite of them!!!! 

So we do not know the details as of yet. I am not sure how often he will have to volunteer, how it works, what gear he will get, where he will be or what exactly he will be doing. He has a meeting in about 3 weeks, ugh MORE waiting.... Another cool thing is that the county we live in, is restructuring their hiring procedure. THey are going to pull from the pool of volunteers and then open it up to the public.... THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON!!!! 

I am hopeful, for the first time in a long time. I believe that it will happen, that things are falling into place. I never doubted him, I doubted the system. It's so weird the way it's set up and they are so militant with the way things are run.

I am super excited about the changes that are coming. I am excited about the people he will get to meet and the doors thats will become open to him. This is so rare for me, as I usually fear change, to death.

I am trying not to get too excited, or get my hopes up too much, but it's hard not to get my hopes up. So much is riding on Firefighter getting a job and the fact that he is *THIS* close makes me EXCITED and HOPEFUL! So here's to hoping!!!!!  


3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Hopefully everything keeps humming right along the way you want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fantastic!!! congrats to you, keep chugging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such awesome news! everything happens for a reason...even the long wait to get to where he is now :) congratulations!

    ReplyDelete