Wednesday, July 21, 2010

dark and twisty (a rant)

I back in a dark and twisty place that I haven't been in for a while. It is largely to do with things going on at work. 

We have a client that will NOT listen to anything that we say and she questions everything that comes out of our mouths and doesn't seem to trust us. In this instance I want to say to her, "why in the hell did you hire us then?" Granted things are kind of stressful in regards to her case right now for one of her kids and she is doing what a good mother should, making sure her kid gets the best, but you hired an attorney for a reason....what's the point if you aren't going to trust their advice? And she seems to think that by saying she is going to go and talk to another attorney, that it will scare us or something. If you want to go and talk to another attorney, fine go for it, you don't scare me, it's not like you are paying us anyways. I would hate to be in her position, but you came to a professional for a reason, she couldn't handle it herself, so we are here to help. My boss is away until August 6, and the associate attorney is here handling things, but this client will NOT listen to her because she isn't as experienced as my boss, but even when we tell her the boss said this that or the other, she doesn't buy it and questions it. I try talking to her and answering questions and she keeps offering up these suggestions and situation manipulations and the law doesn't work like that. Then we tell her things and she says she had never heard that before when we have told her these things before she just has selective hearing. And then she proceeds to think she is as smart as the attorneys... HA!!! Did you go to law school? Did you get a degree?? I DON'T THINK SO!!!! It's so damn frustrating and I am at the end of my rope. She sucks the life out of me and I can honestly say that I more then strongly dislike her, we are on the verge of hate here people and that is a strong word, HATE. Sadly I have let this woman invade my head outside of work. I am starting to not care and that is not something that I am proud of or like to admit.

The law is not a good thing, and it doesn't always protect the innocent or good people. I have a very hard time working in this field. I really, strongly want out, as I have stressed on here before numerous times. I could go on and on about this but I just needed to get that out. I think it will help my mentality today. Here's to hoping!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Your job does sound interesting. But if you don't like it you don't like it. It sucks when work stresses you out at home.

    ReplyDelete