Sunday, June 27, 2010

Movie Review: Sex and the City 2 (NO SPOILERS...just opinion)

So Friday night, I went and saw "Sex and the City 2" with my girlfriend. I had been excited about it and tried not to read anything on it, but there was so much out there about it that it was hard not to hear the reviews and comments. I didn't hear too many things about it, but I was able to pick up the general vibe on the movie and the verdict was that it wasn't good. Needless to say I went into the movie with lowered expectations. It's a good thing too... the movie did not rock my world. There were many parts of the movie that could have been cute and the acting seemed forced at times, which saddened me. I love the ladies... but they were not the same ladies that were in the first movie. The first movie in my opinion felt like a long episode of Sex and the City. The second movie felt like a movie, and not in the good way. I really hope the franchise stops here. I truly feel there isn't anymore of a story to be told. The women are all set in who they are and in their relationships. The fashion was ok, some of it was not my taste, actually most of it wasn't. There were very few funny moments and the writing seemed trite. 

Overall it was a good movie to see for entertainment purposes only, but I wouldn't go in with high expectations that it exceeds the first movie in any way, because it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment