Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dieting

I am struggling. I have reached a plateau. I don't feel like I am gaining, but I don't feel like I am losing either. I no longer feel as guilty as I would for going off the plan, as I did in the beginning. I need to refocus and get my shit together. I also need to get back to the gym. I have really been slacking lately. I can blame my thyroid til I am blue in the face but that doesn't change anything. That doesn't change that I am reaching a lazy phase. Shopping definitely is incentive. I could have a field day shopping, but I am just getting bored too. The food is good that Medifast provides, but I need a change. I got their cookbook so that I can spice up my Lean and Green meals, but I haven't made any yet. There are many that I am excited to cook, but again, I am being lazy. And I am looking for excuses and I am justifying cheating all too easy. And then of course events come up that aide in the cheating: parties, dinners, holidays, etc. So I need to stop being Ms. Lazyass and get back to being as focused and charged as I was at the beginning. 

I have lost about 40-ish pounds. And that feels like such an accomplishment at times, that I think to myself do I really need to go on? Do I need to lose those last 20 lbs?? And you know what, I DO! I want to be able to wear smaller clothes (there are more options), I want to look awesome in a wedding dress and I want to be more active therefore being more healthy. These are all the things that I hope to motivate me to get off my slightly smaller ass and get refocused.  

I need to do something for Firefighter too! He isn't as active as he used to be and he is getting lazier and eating really, really bad foods. That makes me feel bad at times for being on my diet. He doesn't like any vegetables except carrots (only raw), celery (only raw) and corn (only cooked). He will eat salads as well. He has put on weight and I don't know what to do to motivate him. He is drinking more beer and I am sure that isn't helping and he doesn't really care what he puts in his mouth. I guess I need to just step it up and start making healthier things for him too, but he is so limited in what he likes that it's SO hard. OY VEY!! 


Between the two of us, I think I am going to pull my hair out!!!



1 comment:

  1. Firefighter got a bike and i am now up to 42 lbs lost! GO ME!

    ReplyDelete