Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Movie Review: Iron Man

Well I would have liked to have had a bigger picture for this movie. Because it is such a BIG movie!!!

So I have to say that I really enjoyed the movie. Robert Downey, Jr. is AWESOME!!! I just love him. The beginning was a little uncomfortable for me to watch. I have always disliked war type movies/terrorists plots... so that was hard for me to watch. Gwenyth Paltrow was unexpected. I can't really see her as a damsel in distress. She was ok, but I am not really a fan of her work. Beau Bridges was GREAT!!! You know when an actor is a good actor when they make you HATE them, and I hated him. Really hated him. I liked the plot, the action. and the comedy was great as well. I am interested in seeing what the sequel has in store. That starts Friday. It's been a while since I have seen a good action movie. This was a good one. It's a good "date" movie. "A" has already seen the movie so he knew everything that was happening. I am glad he didn't answer all of my questions. In his opinion, Terrence Howard, who was also in the movie as a friend to Tony Stark (Downey) was a great asset to the film. He is bothered that Terrence won't be in the sequel.

There are terrorists depicted in this movie, and I often wonder how the actors that portray the terrorists feel about portraying terrorists. It's an awful stereotype. Sadly when I watch movies that portray terrorists or any kind of war act, I can't help but wonder if we offer ideas to other countries of how to get to us? I am not naive, I know that it's not too likely that an Iron Man will be created. But the torture practices, the weapon ideas, I can't help but wonder if we open a can of worms with the movies that we make at times.

Toward the end of the movie there is some gratuitous fighting that takes place and I was able to look away from the screen. I dislike gratuitous fighting or gratuitous violence in movies. I understand it's for the men and to make the movie longer, but it's unnecessary. I

have to say that
the concepts of Tony Stark's brain are amazing. The technology is awesome and awe inspiring! It's crazy to think that people have these thoughts and to create these things. Just unbelievable.

So yea, I would recommend this movie to all, for Robert Downey, Jr. alone!!




No comments:

Post a Comment