Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life's Road

Why are we not always happy with the path we have taken? Why is hindsight always 20/20? Why can't foresight be as clear? You choose a road, you follow a path that you feel will be the best for you, then after you become invested or have created a life you may begin to question your decisions, and all aspects of your life. Of course at the time a new path looks appealing, but even it will have pot holes, detours and curves along the way, but is it ultimately smoother then the previous road you were on? If so then shouldn't that make it worthwhile? A smooth road may never happen, but we long for it and crave it like it's water. A smooth road may be easier, but boring just the same. If our path is always easy, what shapes us as people? What makes us who we are if we aren't handed bumps along the way? The detours and forks in the road we are handed and the way we deal with it, shape us as people.

I found this written on a piece of paper while cleaning. I am not sure how long ago I wrote it. But it feels relevant to how I have been feeling lately. There are days when I feel like I am not sure which way I am going or if I am going the right way on the right path. There is always a part of me that thinks I am here for a reason, that I am on this path for a reason... then I think there is a higher power that has some sort of control. It's a vicious circle in my brain!





1 comment:

  1. Great post. I can really identify with a lot of what you wrote. Hind sight is 20/20 I just sometimes wish we could get it before hand instead of after the fact sometimes.

    ReplyDelete