Monday, February 15, 2010

R*O*M*A*N*C*E

I am a hopeless romantic. I always have been. Sadly my man is not. He has his moments, and they are few and far between! His cousin has been with a girl for like 2 months and they had a very romantic Valentine's day weekend. He rented a hotel room and they went to a nice dinner and spent the weekend together. I guess after almost 11 years that seems like a bit much. But to me, that was romantic and maybe appropriate for the length of time that they have been together. He was making it sound like it's a waste of money. It really saddens me. I mean....does he really think that romance is a waste of money. When I say that he is romantic, now a days, that means taking out the trash without me having to ask or he plans the day for us to spend together. While that is not the romance that I want all the time, it's nice, but I wouldn't mind him surprising me with a hotel room for the weekend or taking me away....I am worth that and I deserve it! DAMMIT!!!! He and I did go out to dinner Saturday night in honor of Valentine's day, and it was his idea, I didn't have to say anything, but.....there is a part of me that wanted more. I am very conflicted with Valentine's day. Do I want to celebrate it or do I think it's a "Hallmark" holiday?!?! Well,....both! Being a romantic makes me want to have the romance and the special treatment, but then there is a rational part of me that is like..."Seriously he can tell me he loves me ANY day of the year, why is today so special?!?!" And that is something that I DO believe. There shouldn't need to be a day when you tell someone that you love them, that can't be any random day! But deep down...WAY deep down...I think even the most skeptic of skeptics truly want to be gushed over on Valentine's day! Why wouldn't anyone want to be showered with love and affection and romance?!?! It's the best thing ever! It makes the butterflies flutter in your tummy and in your heart and it makes you feel like you matter... and everyone wants to feel like they matter. Granted...I do go back to the fact that there shouldn't have to be a designated day to tell the person you love that you love them or show them that you love them!

"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow." - Meredith Grey (Grey's Anatomy)


No comments:

Post a Comment